Sunday, June 19, 2011

4 weeks

I can hardly believe it, but my baby is a month old today!!  I was kind of a slacker in the photo-taking department this past week, but we did get some family pictures taken at Foto Fly.  Here are a few of my favorites...


The photographer kept commenting on how strong she was for 4 weeks.  She didn't want to bend her knees, and just look at how she's holding her head up! :)


Emi Lou is a bit like the big, bad wolf in Little Red Riding Hood... everyone always comments on "what big eyes she has!"  She tends to stare at people with her eyes open wide like that.



It kind of looks like Emi Lou is trying to push Gigi away, and I think this one was taken moments before Emi Lou fell (or was possibly pushed) off Gigi's lap.  Thankfully, Marco jumped in and caught her just before she would have landed on the concrete floor!


I LOVE these pics!  Isn't my hubby so handsome and photogenic?!





I'm really grateful our family pictures turned out as well as they did.  We had a bit of a disaster at the beginning of the shoot, and if it weren't for our amazingly in-tune photographer, Marco and Emi Lou would have been completely covered in baby puke. Instead, our awesome photographer, Daniel, noticed that Emi Lou was about to puke, picked her up, burped her and she spewed all over him and the floor. I've seriously never seen her puke the way she did on Daniel, and the sweet guy didn't even seemed bothered by it. He just said, "Don't even worry about it... this will make a great story!"

So a couple other exciting events in the life of our 4-week-old... she's gained almost 2 pounds and now tips the scale at over 10 pounds!


Look at those chunky-monkey thighs!

Her hair is growing and now curls up over her ears...


She's spending more time awake and alert, and is normally really mellow...


She does have a bit of a temper though, and goes from chill to angry in a matter of seconds if I don't respond quickly or correctly.  Thankfully, I feel like I'm starting to understand her cues and cries... knowing when she's tired vs. hungry vs. poopy.  She definitely has a different personality from Gigi as a baby.  She's easier in some ways and a little more difficult in others.  It's so fun being a mom of two and observing the similarities and differences in my girls.  They're both super amazing though, and I love them to pieces!

5 comments:

Kara said...

Beautiful family and amazing pics! That's neat about the similarities and differences. Life and parenthood sure is amazing. The girls are so lucky to have you!!!

Dawn B said...

Beautiful pics!

Annegirl said...

Those girls are so delicious, I can't stand the distance! I'm so proud of Lucia's weight gain, good job momma :)...and Marco looks so handsome. Actually you are all ridiculously good looking; loving your hair long, Xela. You look so so pretty. Are you still coming for the 4th???

The Happy Hippie Homemaker said...

Thank you, thank you! You are too kind!! We're definitely planning on coming out for about a week sometime around the 4th. Waiting to hear from JuJu and another friend about their travel plans before we figure out our dates for sure, but we can't wait to see you guys!!

Whit said...

Those pics are sooo cute! I love the last one where Gigi is spying at you :) Your girls are beautiful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...