Sunday, June 12, 2011

3 weeks!

Our sweet baby Emi Lou was 3 weeks old on Thursday.  Most of the past 3 weeks have been spent sleeping...



I have to admit I'm pretty spoiled... Emi Lou only woke up a couple times a night the first two weeks and now I'm just waking up once a night to change her.  I swear, co-sleeping and learning to breastfeed lying down have been lifesavers in the sleep department!  Sometimes I wonder though, if babies can sleep too much... I mean really, is 22 hours of sleep a day normal for a newborn?!!

During those small windows of time when she is awake, Emi Lou has been enjoying time outside on the new deck with daddy...


and practicing her baby push-ups...

(It's tough work, but luckily big sis is always right there to cheer her on!)

Emi Lou is also starting to grab at things, like my shirt or skin while she's nursing, her hair, and her mobile!


She actually enjoys looking at her mobile... for short periods of time!


 Of course, she's also spent a lot of time nursing.  In fact, last I checked (with my unscientific method of stepping on the scale with her and without her) she was up to 9 pounds!  It's kind of sad because she's already outgrown most of her newborn outfits (and she only got to wear each outfit once or twice!)


Unfortunately, she sometimes gets a little fussy when she nurses.  We seem to see this face at least once or twice a day when she nurses...



I haven't figured out for sure if she's getting frustrated because I have a very plentiful milk supply that comes out too forcefully at times, or if she has a sensitive tummy and is reacting to something I've eaten or drank.  For now, I'm trying to lay off the coffee and chocolate to see if it helps.  As much as I love caffeine, I know it's not good for me and I don't really need it!

Luckily, most of the time when she's awake Emi Lou is quietly alert and loves to observe everything going on around her.  She's such a sweet little one!





2 comments:

Rose said...

Oh my goodness. She is so precious and she looks JUST like her sister. what a riot. can't wait to meet her for reals! :)
-Emmi

The Happy Hippie Homemaker said...

Thanks Emmi! We hope she's going to have your gorgeous hair... right now it's thick and dark with caramel highlights and curly :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...