Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Week's Worth, v. 4 - Why am I always so behind?!

I guess my excuse for last week and this week is that I've been a single parent.  Marco had a training in Las Vegas last week, so he was gone from Sunday morning till Friday evening.  We had about 48 hours together till he had to leave again.  Thankfully, he's coming home tonight, and only has to be gone for the day tomorrow.

...cuddling with Daddy and using his tummy for a plate...

Poor Gigi misses her daddy so much when he's gone.  She loves working on projects with him... assembling furniture, fixing the car, and anything else that requires the use of big tools and small parts.  Last week her stroller "broke" so she dug a screw driver and various types of paper clips out of the junk drawer to fix it...


...close up...



Of course, her huge, "pretty-pretty-ballerina tutu" was the perfect outfit to wear while performing the repairs.


When Gigi's not wearing a pretty ballerina tutu or dress, she's usually not wearing anything at all.
 

Lately her favorite activity has been painting, and I'm not sure if it's the actual act of painting that she loves, or the fact that she has to take off all her clothes when she paints!

Another thing she loves to paint?  Her nails!  I'm really not sure where she learned to do her nails... I never have nails, or time to paint them. I was totally impressed with how well she did them though!




I really think Gigi may grow up to be a cosmetologist... the girl is OBSESSED with doing her hair, make-up, and nails.  And although I usually do get "all done up" when I'm going to get my picture taken, most days I don't get around to doing my hair or make-up.  (My poor hubby... he really loves it when I do eyeliner, and fake lashes, and the whole 9 yards!)

I was actually reflecting this past week on how I care less and less about appearances the more kids I have.  I suppose that's pretty typical of moms... reading books and playing pretend take precedence over getting pretty.  Gigi never used to leave the house without a perfectly coordinating outfit and her hair meticulously done... nowadays, I just try to make sure she's dressed and wearing clean clothes!  Poor Emi Lou rarely even gets her hair combed!!





Sweet little Emi Lou is growing like crazy!  She turned 2 months old yesterday!!  (I guess that's when you start counting their age in months instead of weeks, right?)  Of course, with every passing week, she spends more and more time alert. 

She's really loving her playmat,
  
and her swing


It makes her kind of sleepy though...


Gigi loves playing with Emi Lou, and Emi Lou really loves her sissy... most of the time...


She doesn't really love the party hat Sissy put on her head though!


Marco always says he thinks Emi Lou's eyes are blue.  I think they look pretty grey (and will probably be the same color as mine).  What do you think?




1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

They look like they might be blue. Ruby's eyes are brown and never looked like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...