Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Week's Worth, v.7 - Fun at the Park

So have you noticed my "week's worth" of photos usually ends up being more like a day's worth of photos or an event's worth of photos?  I just came to that realization today.  I'm kind of kicking myself for not breaking out the camera more this week... I actually had a pretty eventful week.

Last week was World Breastfeeding Week, and I was involved in a few fun events.  I participated in The Big Latch On, an event organized to try to break the world record for the most women simultaneously breastfeeding.  I also participated in a babywearing flash mob. (It was cool, but would have been cooler if the music was louder!  We danced to "Let's Get It Started" by the Black Eyed Peas, but unfortunately you can't hear the music in the video.)  Anyway, I'm kind of bummed that I didn't bring a camera to either event.

I did bring my camera to Draper Safety Day at the city park though!  Gigi didn't really seem interested in any of the safety and preparedness booths, but she had fun in the bounce house.  I think the best part of the night though, was discovering that her boyfriend Kyle was there!  (I'm currently working on arranging their marriage!  Kyle is so cute and sweet, and we love his parents too!!)

So here are some pictures of that fun evening...


Dressed like twinners from head to toe (Yes, I'm one of those annoying parents who dresses her girls alike!)







While Gigi and Kyle played and I took pictures, Emi Lou hung out in the stroller, happy as a clam!


Oh and that reminds me... funny story about that stroller... We bought it when Gigi was a baby.  It was a decent stroller, but since we don't have a garage (and didn't even have a carport until about a year ago) it got left out in the elements a few too many times.  For the past year or so, it's been kind of hard to collapse.  Over the past month, one side has gotten harder and harder to collapse.

Well, yesterday we were downtown at the Farmers Market (another thing I wish I had brought my camera to!) and when we were ready to go home, the stroller would not collapse.  Marco wasn't with us, but I spent a good 15 minutes trying to get the stupid thing to collapse and it just WOULD NOT BUDGE!  I tried to stick the thing in the back of my SUV as it was, but of course it wouldn't fit.  So I decided to just leave it.  It was in an area of town where there are a lot of homeless people, so I figured someone could use it.

A few hours after I got home, I found this lovely thing online for $25...


It didn't look like it had ever been used.  It was more compact and lightweight than my other stroller.  And the seller was just a mile from our house!  I guess the stroller breaking downtown was a blessing in disguise!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...